Not Just Getting By

I have this unfortunate habit of letting times of busyness give me an excuse to let go of my good habits. Things like working out, making prayer a priority, waking up on time, general housekeeping, and cheerfulness.

This past week I have worked more than I usually do in a week, I'm about to head to my part time job today to work my last 8 hours of a 48 hour week, rest Sunday and start all over. I have to say it overwhelmed me at the start, you could ask Kyle about the stressful state I get into when I feel like I don't have much spare time and usually that state is when I am over tired and about to work a long day. The thing is people do this all the time...for a lifetime. I let it totally disrupt the way I want to live, it takes away my joy and peace. I want to be grateful and prayerful, healthy and well rested.

Luckily I do have that help I was talking about, a husband who encourages me and while I'm at work does all the laundry, makes me oatmeal and coffee before work, makes spaghetti sauce from scratch, countless piles of dishes, and works on our yard on his days off. Then even when he has to get up at 4 a.m. to go to work I wake up to this, a small gesture of a bowl and a spoon ready to go.

I have learned this week that I can do a busy work week, (not going to lie, I had a pretty relaxed summer and have had to adjust my entitlement to countless days off in a row), I can treasure my well earned day of rest on Sunday and evenings when I don't have to rush to my second job. It feels good!

Now my goal is to make my second busy week a time of living life well and not just getting by. Including maybe a work out or two! I've also learned just how much I appreciate Kyle and all he does for me, and I'm going to try my best to do those little extra things for him while he is working.

As for now I am going to enjoy the rest of my morning with breakfast and a coffee in my peaceful house.

Have a great weekend!



Comments

Popular Posts