Second Wind

My room is now a nice, peaceful place of rest-- compared to it's previous post-weekend trip unpacking/so-much-laundry-everywhere state. I got a very energizing second wind, minutes before I should be getting into bed. This morning I woke up with a head cold and all day long all I could think of was laying down, and now at my prime chance to get a good 8 hours plus, I end up cleaning my room like a wizard (skip to scene from "The Sword and The Stone" where all the kitchen is under a spell and dishes are cleaning themselves).


But here I am, writing when I could be gettting into bed. I'm just going to say, I'm much happier that I'm writing. I'll get enough sleep. I should keep it short though, I have big plans for productivity in the morning! Laundry and going for a walk being some of them. I really am trying to get back into my physical activity! More on that to come.

Here's a little shot of my organized clutter, you can even see my favourite book, The Book Thief on the shelf.

One thing I did do today that I was happy about was reading. From a real book, with real pages. Not Pinterest, newsfeeds, or blogs. I picked up a book that I started....about 3 years ago. It is an amazing read, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. All I can say about his writing is that it is delicious...sounds weird but I feel as if I want to savour every sentence. Very uniquely written and great use of language. I've come to the conclusion that it has taken me this long to read it simply because I am savouring it. I don't think I want it to come to an end.

Unlike this post.

Good night.

Comments

Popular Posts