7 Quick Takes

Even though I just posted a little Four Things, Amanda my twin sister over at Duty of the Moment inspired me to do a "7 Quick takes" that was started by Jennifer Fulwiler, and happens every Friday, a good way to recap at the end of the week. Since my blog is so new and I am just starting out I felt that seven short things in one post is good as I gain my voice and figure out what this blog is shaping up to be!

{one}

I have been subbing as an Educational Assistant in the same position for two weeks. Normally it is day to day kind of work, but this time it was long enough for a little grade one class to work it's way into my heart. I literally teared up today as the day came to a close. It wasn't an easy position but it was very rewarding to love these kids even if some of them were difficult at times. I know that the ones who act out the most need the most love and I could see that for sure. One boy is only 5 and spends a week at his moms and a week at his dads on and off, his mom just had a new baby boy. Talk about hard! I just really wanted him to know that he was a good boy, wanted, because he really was such a good little person who was making bad decisions based on how much he felt he was worth.

There was also a little girl whose family just moved from China, she has been having a hard time adjusting and is quite strong willed. After a meeting with her parents the teacher found out that they actually have to pay for her to be in school until they've been here a year and get Landed Immigrant Status. This means that if things don't go well the school could kick her out and they would get deported! The teacher didn't know this of course and was just wanting a better situation (like putting her back into Kindergarten) and so it's been a bit stressful for all involved. The parents don't really speak English so they didn't know this was all going on, so they felt very ashamed. It hurt my heart! I just want them to be able to adjust and feel worthy! Poor little girl! That's a LOT of pressure. Please pray that the next couple weeks show some improvement! I didn't want to leave!!

All the other kids were just as special to me. It is so heart warming to have all these little ones look up to you and be sad when you leave and say "Hi Mrs.B" and "Bye Mrs.B" every time I pass one of them in the hallway. My heart.

Okay. That was a long take. Moving on.

{two}

I started my chalk board wall!! Very exciting! I will post some pictures of it when it is all done. I am still getting a hang of DIY projects and didn't even take a before picture.

{three}

I am getting my hair done tomorrow! I am very excited about this, I have been wanting to have something a bit different for a while now and it will be nice to have fresh hair. Kyle's sister is in hair school so I am getting a great deal and some extra quality time with the SIL. Pictures to come. I will actually try to take a before picture this time!

{four}

Furniture. Almost every piece of furniture we own is second hand. When we got married everyone just handed us furniture! Beds, couches, tables, chairs. The rest I just picked up at second hand stores, off the curb, or on Kijiji. I actually don't even mind it. It's doesn't all match but I think I will be able to paint some of it and make it all really fit together. I think one of my favourite things is this wooden crate I found on kijiji.

{five}

Starting a cork jar!
My Friday nights consist of Friday Night Lights (and by Friday nights I mean usually when Kyle has time off...when you work shift work Friday night can be any night of the week). We are now on the third season of this heart warming football series and I love it. I was even crying happy tears today! I love getting attached to characters from shows, even though I get really involved when something bad...or good! happens to them. It's a great show. It's also just really nice to open a bottle of wine and have supper in front of the tv just because we can. It's our thing.



{six}

I am really excited for our first anniversary even though we have basically no plans! I am planning on getting some pictures done though, Kyle's other sister is handy with a camera and I just really want some good shots of us how we are now. I need to get better at documentation! Hopefully this blog will kickstart that as well.

{seven}

Best for last. I am a God-mama to my twin sister Amanda's baby girl as she said in her 7 Quick Takes, I'll introduce you. Her name is Anna and she is a sweetie and I don't get to see her enough! I think this will change now that we have a house and a place for them to sleep when they come visit. I can't wait to watch her grow up, I already love her so much! Can't wait to give her a cousin :)

Here she is. Isn't she beautiful? She's much bigger now. This is a picture of my first real smile from her!

And while I'm at it here are my other awesome nieces and nephews!! Kyle has two older brothers who have kids, so I got 6 who call me Auntie right off the bat after we got married. One of them is also our Godson.



(don't mind the grainy front facing camera shot)

 They are all pretty awesome little people.

Anyways Kyle just went to bed and seeing as he has to wake up verrrry early I think I will go and join him.

Goodnight!



Comments

  1. When Meg was born I killed all five seasons of Friday Night Lights on Netflix. I talked about it to Mark so much he had to watch the finale with me. So good.
    <3
    Miss you.
    HELTER SKELTER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I am glad Kyle is watching it with me because I can pace myself because we only watch it when we are together! It's such a great show! Miss you too! Also I took a while to reply to this because I didn't expect anyone to comment on my blog! Hahah #helterskelterforever

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts