Photo Dump and Bump Updates

I realize it has been a while since I have posted and I feel like the weeks have been flying by! I can hardly believe I am 22 weeks already! This blog is very much becoming like a scrapbook or something for me where I will do life, and then take all the photos and put little captions and share them! One thing I do want to start though is a weekly Bump update, because I haven't been taking photos every week and I don't want to miss the progress!

I will post the pictures I do have, and surprisingly I can see growth! Very exciting and people who didn't previously know me or know I was pregnant can tell. Which makes me happy!

I was also going to post a few of my iPhone pictures from our Dominican Trip, but my sister in law Krista brought her good camera so I will wait to get those pictures and do a whole post! 

Here are some of the things that have been going on in the last couple of months:

{Our Bedroom}

Back in December (yes, December) Kyle and I took a trip to Alberta which I posted about. We went to Ikea, we got a closet organization system! So since the room was painted at the end of November we didn't have a closet because Kyle took it a part and it wasn't very good to begin with. Enter spare room and giant piles of clothing. Feelings of disorganization. After double and triple checking we had grabbed every piece we needed to complete our closet, we got home and the main part you need to hold up every rod, shelf, and basket was missing. all 16 of them. It wasn't even on the list! Long story short we finally got the pieces in January and finished the closet in February. It was a long time coming that's for sure!! I finally feel a bit organized in that regard, although some how clothes still end up in piles on the floor, it's weird.

The paintings are from Pier 1 which were discounted to 12 bucks plus my employee discount and they ended up matching perfectly!! I was pretty happy with the savings achieved as well as the finished look to the room! The room is a light grey (I took the picture from the on suite bathroom-- which is also on my list of exciting makeover projects!) and the wall opposite the paintings is a darker grey. We also got white matching night stands from Ikea and lamps from Target. It's nice to have a finished, peaceful bedroom before baby comes!




{Valentine's Day}

Valentines day this year ended up being quite the blizzardy day! But that didn't stop these two love birds! Kyle got me some lovely mixed flowers, which were perfect and he read my mind and didn't get me roses! Yay! Roses are okay but...I just love wild flowers or colourful ones! I don't know if that is being ungrateful towards roses, but I told him roses are great for anniversaries, and he was okay with that because the flowers I love are much cheaper. Both happy! 

We decided to venture out for brunch and went to this very trendy and unique, albeit pricy, breakfast place called Poached. We looked at it as our meal out, because it would have cost about the same as a dinner out. It was very good food! The portions were a perfect size although he was skeptical at first but decided that a Ranchmans Slam (is that what it's called?) from Grainfields is probably verging on overeating...just a bit. The portions were perfectly satisfying and unlike previously mentioned breakfast joint, coffee was not bottomless but we could both agree it was a lot tastier! Especially with a shot of Bailey's for my Valentine. 

We then caught an afternoon showing of Unbroken and we both thought it was an amazing movie! 






{I'm the luckiest Auntie}

We got to have Amanda, Matt and Anna stay with us for a weekend in February! It was great to catch up and spend some quality time as well as take Anna swimming for the first time! She also makes the funniest faces and I can't get enough of her! Which is why when Kyle was working during February break and I didn't have to I made a quick trip down south and stayed for a couple nights! Always worth the trip! 







{New Beginnings}

While Amanda was down in February I began a new journey as an Arbonne Consultant! It all happened really fast and I ended up getting launched that weekend and hosting two parties! I have hosted 6 more since those first two which has made for a really busy, but really exciting month. I will tell more of my Arbonne story in a new post because there is just so many good things to say about it! It has been a really positive change for me! I feel purpose and drive and look forward to the potential of my business! 

It is a perfect job once I'm home with the baby and working from home is something I never considered, but have really been enjoying. I ended up quitting Pier 1 earlier this month to make time to build my business and it was a good decision. It's still busy at times with my EA job and occasional nannying but doing parties has been so rewarding and I am very happy to be on this journey with Arbonne! Plus getting to use the products is like a dream come true and I can already see a huge difference in the way I look and feel! It's a good thing. 

I also did a party for my friend Sarah over at Sweet Spontaneity and she wrote a post about it! 



{Baby Time!}

Now for the Bump pictures but first, we had our 20 week Ultrasound which was incredible. Baby was being extremely active and moving all around and kicking up a storm (leg day)! It was so sweet to see the little one even give us a thumbs up! Hilarious, but maybe you had to be there. My two favourite shots were the profile (obvi) and the little foot! For anyone wondering, we did not find out if it's a boy or a girl! We tend to say him instead of "it" from time to time, so don't be surprised if I accidentally say him because it could very well be a her! Both possibilities are beyond exciting for us! 




{Bump Progression}

This was our official social media announcement pic at 17 weeks, Kyle showing off his baby belly too

19 weeks before my first Arbonne party

20 weeks after finally finding some longer shirts to add to my wardrobe and also Kyle is not smiling because I may have taken a few shots to get a good picture and he may not have been in the mood for smiling by the end

21 weeks and finally working out again which (not) surprisingly really helped with the back pain



22 weeks! Feeling great but not feeling great about how much chocolate I've been consuming. Guys it's bad. 


I'm 22 weeks now and feeling pretty great! I have had energy and felt better because of getting exercise in. I have been eating lots and working lots and truly been enjoying being pregnant. It is an amazing feeling to have this tiny person inside moving around all the time. I am quite in love and can't wait to meet the little one! Kyle has got to feel some kicks, but like it's father, baby can be stubborn at times so whenever I feel a kick I get Kyle to feel and then the baby always stops kicking. What a kid. Time is flying though and I can't believe it is March! 








Comments

  1. How did I not see this before?! Ohh Bloglovin'. Great to see all the updates, and see your belly grow :) I really like that you got a system for your closet - organizing and closets are some of my favourite things! (Imagine me singing my own little version of the song from Sound of Music here).

    Sarah
    Sweet Spontaneity

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts