Bookish


This year has been a year of reading for me. I picked up my reading habit last year and have gained momentum in my reading life. Up until recently I compared myself to a few other bloggers, (and I wasn't comparing my blog) bloggers who talk a lot about books and reading. Most of them are mothers and most of them are very well read. I didn't think that would ever be me, but oddly enough, the more you read the more well read you become! I certainly have a long way to go to consider myself well read (and I'm sure those who read much more than I do have already figured out that the more you know, the more you realize you don't know... if that makes sense).

At the beginning of the year I decided that I wanted to read 50 books in 2017. Last year I said 30 and read 18. This year I have finished 15 so far (which puts me right on track at approximately 4 books per month). I have made it a priority and have also chosen some really amazing books!

My point in telling you that I compared myself to bookish bloggers is that I decided not to limit myself and to actually become one, not in full, but I would like to learn and practice here how to write a book review. Since sharing my reading goals on social media, I have had many people tell me that they are inspired to read more, that they have picked up some of the books I have shared, and even asked for recommendations. I am definitely not an expert and I only know a little about the books and genres I have read, but one thing is for sure, I enjoy sharing about books and inspiring others to read more!

I have even become the Librarian on the Board of a Catholic mom's group I am in! I never thought I would be able to call myself a librarian (a far cry from the real thing but I will proudly serve my people).

Since I may not review all the books I have read so far I will share what they are now and maybe feature one or two in a future post:

1. Grit: Passion, Perseverance, and the Science of Success by Angela Duckworth
2. You Can Share the Faith by Karen Edmisten
3. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
4. Elevating Childcare: A Guide to Respectful Parenting by Janet Lansbury
5. The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
6. 25 Ways to Win with People by John C. Maxwell
7. Girl Code by Cara Alwill Leyba
8. On Fire: 7 Choices to Ignite a Radically Inspired Life by John O'Leary
9. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
10. When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
11. Hygge: The Danish Art of Happiness by Marie Tourell Soderberg
12. Made Well by Jenny Simmons
13. The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins
14. Chiara Corbella Petrillo: A Witness to Joy by Simone Troisi
15. The Awakening of Miss Prim by Natalia Sanmartin Fenollera

Book on the go:

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katrina Bivald
This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald


I am excited to keep reading and I am filled up when I look at this list with all the lessons I've learned and stories I have cherished!

Happy Reading! Here are some of the book covers:









Comments

Popular Posts